Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 25...

These last 25 days have been the most fun! Last night, I looked at Mark over my veggie sub from Subway, and just said out loud, "I am having the most fun with you these days!" This was after we really sucked wind running in the park, so I said it rather breathlessly. Even so, I meant it.

We have filled our time with the following activities (some sporadic, and some done ever day religiously...)
1. Watched the Office on Netflix (in HD on our amazing TV, Stanley)
2. Played tennis (and I am actually getting better - good enough to play a couple matches)
3. Started running in the park (Every weekday)
4. Went grocery shopping twice
5. Had nachos at CHIMY's (and found out my cousin works there)
6. Visited Uptown Dallas with our brother and sister-in-law & many friends
7. Began looking for a house (This one is the most exciting besides watching the Office!)
8. Shopped for Blu-Ray movies (since we got the player as a wedding gift from Adam)
9. Opened all of the cards from the wedding (We had my mom mail them all to us because we couldn't wait)
10. Cooked dinner at home more than we've eaten out

There is so much that we've done, so those are really my top 10. I am sure Mark will read this and mention something even better that I have forgotten, so I will write about that in my next post.

I will just tell you about our neighbors around us, which makes apartment living so much more exciting.

The people below us are married with two small children. They live at our apartment complex as a part of their ministry that they lead called CARES, which probably stands for something prolific, but who knows. Basically they live in a complex and plan special events (game night, dessert night, etc.) and go around meeting and making relationships. Well, they live directly below me so I run into them a lot as well as hear a lot of what goes on inside and outside of their apartment. One night I heard yelling because my windows were open. I turned all the lights off (like good neighbors do when they want to get a good look outside), and the wife was storming off, and then jumped in her car and flew away. The husband came out a second later out with the young daughter yelling, "Don't cry sweetie. It's not fair she's taking this out on you..." and took off walking in the direction in which the lady drove. Not sure why, but he just walked off with the daughter yelling all the way. After that, I never saw them together for almost 7 weeks.

Last night, Mark and I noticed them moving out.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like ya'll are having a blast. Isn't married life the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan. I'm sorry about my judgments on blogging which I based on a very select and few bloggers. I have to confess I enjoyed very much reading your top 10. I am also impressed that it was posted at 6:53am. Not many of us in the family are thinking at that point in the day. SO, I will withdraw my comments about blogging, but you have to keep this funny and interesting so they don't come wandering back into my mind ;)

    ReplyDelete